Happy 2nd Birthday, Bakingdom!

Yay! I can’t believe it’s been two whole years since my very first post! Things have really grown and changed here, and I couldn’t be happier!

Starting Bakingdom was one of the best decisions I’ve ever made, and I’ve been having the time of my life baking, eating, and sharing recipes with you all!

I decided this year that I wanted to take things easy for this celebration. Usually, I’m all about the party! I want fancy cake, fancy food, fancy decorations, and lots of gifts…to give and receive! But today, I’m doing things a little differently.

Today, I’m relaxing and taking the whole day to myself. I didn’t go wild making a fancy cake, and I’m keeping my post short and sweet, because I’m off to have a lazy, sugary sweet, all about Darla day. :)

I can’t NOT have cake, though, so I made some sweet mini tiered cakes for myself (chocolate, of course), and covered them with simple swirls and stripes of my favorite vanilla buttercream. Nothing fancy, but definitely delicious, and still fun, girly, and adorable. Just what I wanted for today.

Mostly, what I really want to do today is say thank you to all of you!!

Thank you so much for your support, comments, visits, laughs, and friendship. I’m so lucky to have some of the very best readers in all of the interwebs, and without you, Bakingdom wouldn’t be what it is today.

Thankyou,thankyou,thankyou,thankyou,thankyou!!

I hope you keep coming back, and that you always have lots of fun, and find lots of inspiration here. You guys mean the world to me, and I love getting to share my joy with you, so one more time:

THANK YOU!!!

I love you guys!!

Now I’m off to enjoy this pretty, sweet, little sugary piece of happiness with a huge mug of caramel hot chocolate while I catch up on Downton Abbey! See you in a few days with some new, yummy sweets, my wonderful friends!

xo,
Darla

Comments

1. Francesca says

Thank Darla for sharing all of your wonderful knowledge, recipes, tutorials, friendship, beautiful pictures, generosity and kindness. Happy Birthday Bakingdom. Hope you have a wonderful day celebrating.

What a gorgeous and beautiful cake!! And would you believe that we practically share an EXACT blog birthday!! My first couple of posts didn’t survive the move to WordPress, but they were right at the end of January 2010.

Enjoy your day, sweet Darla!! xoxo

3. Debbie says

Happy birthday! I have some leftover buttercream in the fridge. I may need to make myself a mini tiered cake to celebrate with you. Here’s to many more years of fun and inspiration and delicious ideas!

4. Rosa says

Happy 2nd birthday, Bakingdom! I’m so happy I stumbled upon your website, Darla (thank you, Cake Wrecks!). You definitely inspire to get my creativeness and geekiness on! Congratulations!

happy year 2! it goes by fast right? can’t wait to see what other goodies you have in store for ’12! (secretly hoping there is a geeky one floating around in your head too! ;)

sorry for the late wishes, but congratulations on your 2 years & happy happy blog birthday!!! i’m so happy & excited to read your posts, and to see what you create! i love coming to you for inspiration & fun. so thank you, darla! i hope you had a fantastic day! xo

Happy 2nd Birthday to Bakingdom!!! Darla, you do such a wonderful job and I always look forward to your newest posts! Have a wonderful day and you deserve it! (Okay – even though I’m one day late – it’s a long story!)

Way, WAY late to the party, but happy, happy day, girl!

You’ve created such a wonderful kindgom in Bakingdom – I so enjoy visiting and reading about your adventures spreading sugary goodness throughout the land. And you’re pretty sweet yourself. :)

Best wishes, Darla!

9. Helen Kurtz says

Happy 2nd Birthday Bakingdom!! Our birthdays are just a couple of day apart so we do have something “in common”!! Continue with your wonderful work as I truly enjoy reading it!! And I do share the same passion for dark chocolate cake!! Yummilicious!!