I’m still working on getting my kitchen together, my KitchenAid mixer (and pretty much every other piece of my kitchen) is still weeks out, and I’m still looking for *my* grocery store, but I’ve been able to get back to cooking, and I’ve even been able to some baking! In fact, I made some brownies the other day that I think you guys are going to flip for!! But I still can’t do as much baking and blogging right now as I’d like to, so I’m super lucky to get to share another one of my beautiful blogging friends with you today!
Iâ€™m so excited to introduce you toÂ ShellyÂ fromÂ Cookies & Cups. Shelly’s blog is one of the most delicious places in all the interwebs, and she makes some of the most imaginative treats I’ve ever seen; they always sound incredibly yummy, in addition to being adorable and pretty. Just look at the things she has done with Bugles.Â And then there’sÂ these. Oh, oh! AndÂ these are my favorite! Delicious.
Plus, Shelly is the other half of the geniusness behind That’s What WE Said. I’m pretty much obsessed with all the pretty fingernail treatments she does, and I get to meet her in real life this summer! I can’t wait! Would it be totally weird if I asked her to do my nails for me? Probably.
Check her out; youâ€™ll be glad you did. You can thank me later.
Thank you, Shelly, for guest posting today! Iâ€™m so lucky to have you here!
Hope you’re not too disappointed today that I am taking over her space!
I’m Shelly and my site is Cookies & Cups and Darla and I are internet friends…it’s totally not creepy.
I actually get to meet and hang out with Darla IN REAL LIFE in June. Cannot wait!
I love Darla’s site and am so happy that she asked me to take up residency here , if only for the day. It’s like being asked to sit at the cool kid’s table in junior high. I know it won’t last, someone will eventually put a “kick me” sign on my back and laugh me all the way back to dorkville, but in the meantime I am going to live it up. Like Ronald in Can’t Buy Me Love. Just don’t expect me to dance. I could SO not make the African Anteater Ritual happen.
Anyway, let’s get down to sweets.
I am not a fruit in my dessert kind of girl, but I am really trying to give it a fair shake. I have pretty much exhausted my way through the candy aisle, so…
I mean, I hear some of you people actually CRAVE it. So weird.
While there is not actually FRESH fruit in these sweet little cookies, there are strawberry preserves. Baby steps people!
Just mix up your batter…
Bake them on a lined baking sheet…
Dollop on some frosting and you’re done!
What you will have is a yummy, melt in your mouth cookie with a hint of fruity sweetness.
I topped mine with some coconut because I can’t leave well enough alone
Thanks so much for having me Darla!
Hope you’re getting settled in your new digs
Strawberry Cream Cheese Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 3 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup strawberry preserves
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp milk
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup strawberry preserves
- 2 Tbsp butter, room temp
- 1- 2 teaspoons milk
- *optional coconut for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350Â°
- With you mixer, beat butter, cream cheese, preserves, milk and brown sugar together until smooth.
- With mixer on low, add in your flour, baking powder and salt. Stir until combined.
- On a parchment lined baking sheet rounded teaspoon sized balls about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until edges lightly brown.
- Remove from baking sheet and transfer to wire rack to cool.
- For frosting mix all ingredients together with mixer. If you prefer a stiffer frosting you can add in more powdered sugar.
- Frost cooled cookies and sprinkle with coconut if desired.
makes approximately 30 cookies