Guest Post: Sweet SugarBelle Lives, Blogs, and Prospers

After reading today’s wonderfully geeky post, be sure to visit Tuesday’s Mini Strawberry Trifles post and enter for a chance to win Sweet Designs: Bake It, Craft It, Style It by Amy Atlas.

Today, I’m so excited to introduce you to Callye from The Sweet Adventures of SugarBelle. Callye’s blog is a magical place. She makes the most incredibly detailed and awe inspiring cookies, like these and these (geek girls, unite!). And these, these, and these. Oh, oh! And these! Aren’t they gorgeous?? I can’t even imagine having the skill to create such sweets! Callye also makes each post a tutorial, offers lots of advice on icing, decorating tips and ideas, and organization. Plus, she is a genius when it comes to creating lots of uses for a single cookie cutter.

Check her out; you’ll be instantly entertained, educated, and completely inspired.

Thank you, Callye, for guest posting today! I’m so lucky to have you here!

P.S. Wouldn’t her perfectly perfect Spock cookies make the cutest dollies ever?!

I fell in love with Darla on stardate 65186.8 {that is September 8, 2011 for all you non Trekkies and yes, I just went there}.  Anyway, that was the day that Darla made these.  It was then and there I knew I had to be her friend.  From then on I’ve stalked greatly admired every single thing she makes.

In my defense, I am not a “real” Trekkie.  That would be my brother, who speaks a bit of Klingon and is in Europe earning his doctorate in geophysical engineering.  Despite being on a different stratosphere than this guy, I figured out pretty early on that if I wanted to join my super-genius kid brother in his world, I’d better learn to speak his language.  So I did.  Although Star Trek never completely overtook my fondness of Starwars, I learned to love it.  Especially this guy.

There are not a whole lot of Spock cutters hanging around, so for this time I made my own, which you can find here.  Once it is printed, whip up your favorite cookie recipe {mine is here} and use a sharp knife to cut around the template.  When the cookies are baked and cooled, you are ready to decorate.

To make these cookies you will need only a few things:

For my royal icing recipe, click here.

Begin by marking Spock’s hairline with an edible marker.  This will make it easier to outline the cookie.

At this point use 20-second icing to fill the face area of the cookie and then quickly drop in candy eyes.

Let the icing set for a bit, then outline Spock’s hair with black icing, then fill.  At this point let the entire cookie dry completely {that could mean overnight}.

The next day, add the final details.  I used a PME #1.5 tip to outline the face and added a nose with 20-second icing.

Finally, I added eyebrows and a mouth.  It’s very important that Spock not smile and that his eyebrows slant directly up.

I love this guy so much, I almost wish he were my best friend.  I’m sure this is what he would say to me!

But seriously…if you need a little more help with a few of these things, check out these helpful posts:

I hope you will come visit me sometime at my blog, The Sweet Adventures of SugarBelle.  I am always making cookies, but I promise I don’t always get this geeky…at least most days!  Hope to see ya there!

Comments

oh Darla, this is such a happy place to come, always full of great posts, guest and awesome pictures, not to mention the yummy recipes you share with us.
    Callye’s cookies are out of this world, as usual.

Oh my gosh…these cookies made me smile, so not what I was expecting today. They are so clever, and I did spend many hours subjected to Star Trek with my brothers altho I never quite got it. It makes a lot more sense to an adult…and Spock is still my fave!

3. Mrs. Meg C says

Callye and Darla,
    I’m a long time blog stalker and I’m always impressed by your cookies and cakes and have made a few over the years (Harry Potter spice cake anyone?). Callye I know you tend to have amazing ways to transform a simple ice cream cookie cutter into hundreds of ideas, but you mentioned you haven’t found a Spock cutter. While looking at the shape you made I was curious if you had tried using a bug. Spock looks a little like a big bumblebee with pointed wings or something like that.

Anyway I’m sure you’ve looked, but this post was the first time ever I could ‘see’ the possibilities a cutter could provide.

Love your work (both of you!)

okay this is the deal. ever since you’ve been having guest bloggers I can’t get off the computer! one click leads to a really cool cookie here then agreat cake there, my book marks are bursting! lol

Hmm is anyone else experiencing problems with the pictures on this blog loading? I’m trying to figure out if its a problem on my end or if it’s the blog. Any responses would be greatly appreciated.

t you stop by Crystyles initial!Using?just one or two?of exact same bits you will be?your chat with the golf club landscape.?Kindly visit your ex specialist at,Crystyles Shop, LLC2115 Piedmont Rd NE. Selection 3106Atlanta GA -249-9333 as well as Miamis best girls that lunch have been stunned through the glitz as well as glam involving Neimans InCircle fashion show luncheon hosted by simply Haute Existing magazine upon Fri, March 14.Haute Existing magazines very own hair dresser, Jilian Sanz came up with main half jacket runway oakley half wire seems. It was apparent she understands her trend and produced blends that have been for certain, haute to take care of. ?The technique which the girl combined clothes and contrasting equipment had been unexpected yet extremely neat.Your get noticed craze has been feel, structure, plus more texture. Wide Oakley lace more than fine mesh, around bare, glammed up sequins lead with coat, pure nylon uppers above shiny oakley INFINITE HERO PLAINTIFF taffeta. Designers have got played out upwards detail and also dimensions like a key development just for this fall.AdvertisementTom Fords handmade and lace african american outfit and also gem firmness emerald green silk underlay. Touches associated with lizard ended u

http://www.mmorpg.com/profile.cfm?username=spencerlinds http://lkf.sverok.net/members/pcchadbn/activity/ http://cloydhawkins922.bloguez.com/cloydhawkins922/4378729/oakley-keep-Almost-all-students http://javierkline1025.dmusic.net/journal/636123 http://www.ziki.com/en/danny-benton-1+1184521/post/Next-year-oakle+14437709

Trackbacks