Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Ginger-Peach Pound Cake {Guest Post on Chocolate & Carrots}

Alright, so. I made a healthy cake last week…in that I added fruit to a cake. Fruit equals healthy, so a cake with fruit is automatically healthy.

Obviously.

I made a perfect, easy summer pound cake filled with fresh peaches, drenched in a sweet-tart peach glaze, and topped with caramelized peaches (I told you it was healthy), and then I went over and shared it on Chocolate & Carrots, the blog of my sweet friend Caroline.

You don’t want to miss out on this, do you?

Scratch that. Of course you don’t. Silly question.

Head on over and check it out! And take some vanilla ice cream with you, trust me. :)

xo,
Darla

1 Carla @ Carlas Confections August 8, 2012 at 8:49 am

Loved your guest post :) Loved the healthiness of the cake too ;) Beautiful photos!

2 Sue @ Cakeballs, cookies and more August 8, 2012 at 9:06 am

I totally agree, fruit in desert makes it totally healthy!

3 Tiffany @ Fizzy Party August 8, 2012 at 10:27 am

I’m always looking to get more fruit in my diet so this is perfect! Can’t wait to skip over with my coconut ice-cream to Chocolate and Carrots and grab me a slice :)

4 bttrflybabydoll August 8, 2012 at 5:31 pm

OOh, I’ve been wanting to make a peach pound cake! Great guest post!

5 Katrina @ Warm Vanilla Sugar August 9, 2012 at 3:53 am

This looks sooo fabulous! I love the ginger-peach combo – YUM!

6 Maria August 10, 2012 at 8:35 am

Love this cake! Peaches are so good right now too!

7 Vera Zecevic - Cupcakes Garden August 11, 2012 at 12:20 am

It looks gorgeous and think it is tasty to. Really nice images! Great job.

8 Bellenza Bistro August 11, 2012 at 3:52 am

This is the perfect summer-into-fall dessert! Looks fabulous, surely delicious!

9 Mattie August 12, 2012 at 10:27 pm

I just baked this today, it was absolutely delicious and super easy to make! I have one question though.. Do you have an estimate of the quantity of juice one should collect when letting the peaches drain? I used beautiful, ripe peaches but still wasn’t able to get a whole lot of juice out of them.. I’m wondering if that’s just normal or if I did something wrong. The caramelized peaches recipe still worked out great, but I don’t know if the texture was what it’s supposed to be, which is why a general estimate of the quantity of liquid that’s required for the recipe would be very useful. Thanks for the recipe and sorry for my English :)